Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How Amazing?!

As I stepped off the plane, I could not believe how unbelievable it was. To feel warm weather in the mid 80s, after coming from the crisp 60s of fall that was settling in New Jersey, was refreshing and staggering all at once. The sky was blue with nice, white puffy clouds floating through. The smell of salt water graced the air. The sea was crystal clear, calm, and a beautiful turquoise blue. There were lush green mountains in a distance with amazing views of the Caribbean Sea. How absolutely amazing!
The airport was small and we did have to exit outside to go back inside to make our way to customs and immigration. Once I presented my documents, picked up my luggage, I was shuffled to an area that had lots of shuttle offers for different hotels. However, I was waiting for a car to meet me. SO as I walked outside, I was approached by tens of taxi drivers asking if I needed a ride. Finally, I saw the sign with my name. WOO HOO! Now I was on my way to the hotel.
We drove along one street that was lined with hotels, restaurants, and other business. I was told this was the "Hip Strip" in Montego Bay (commonly called Mo-Bay). We went past several round-abouts (circles) then reached an intersection. I was told straight ahead was our office, but all I could see was a field with cows. As we turned, we went past the free zone area in which the cruise ships would dock. Then, finally we reached the hotel Sunset Beach Resort.
It had been a long day, and although the flight was not long, I was ready to have time to relax in the beauty of this tropical paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment